Until now, you will have thought that apple vinegar is simply good for dressing salads. But people across the planet use apple vinegar in a variety of other, more medicinal ways.
In fact, many even use it because it’s the central ingredient in what’s called an apple vinegar detox.
The idea behind the detox is that raw, unfiltered apple vinegar still has “the mother” in it. The mother contains good bacteria for the gut, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. It’s normal for apple vinegar with the mother to be murky or cloudy.
The use of apple vinegar for detoxification, diet, or other benefits goes back thousands of years. Some even claim the daddy of medicine , Hippocrates, promoted its health qualities as far back as 400 B.C.
More recently, makers of Bragg apple vinegar have been touting its health advantages since 1912.
What are the benefits of an apple vinegar detox?
The body is during a position to detoxify itself. There isn’t much scientific research to support the argument that detox drinks and diets remove toxins from the body.
Many people use a detox diet to start out changing their diet, removing processed foods and introducing healthier whole foods. Also Read “ 3 Easy Smoothie Recipe for Weight Loss”
The supposed benefits you’ll gain from an apple vinegar detox drink are both internal and external. They include:
- giving the body an honest dose of enzymes
- increasing potassium intake
- supporting a healthy system
- helping with weight control
- promoting pH balance within the body
- aiding with healthy digestion
- adding good bacteria for the gut and immune function
- helping remove “sludge toxins” from the body
- soothing skin and helping keep it healthy
- healing acne when used externally
You may hear that apple vinegar helps reduce appetite and even burn fat. There’s also evidence to suggest that adding apple vinegar to your daily routine may help with type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol. Lets see the best detox drink recipe:
How to do an apple cider vinegar detox
The basic recipe is as follows:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple vinegar
- 8 ounces of purified or water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sweetener (organic honey, syrup , or 4 drops of Stevia)
There are many variations of this basic drink. Some include adding juice . Others add slightly cayenne pepper.
With an apple cider vinegar detox, you consume this type of drink regularly for a gaggle period of some time — several days to a month or more.
Many people like to consume it 3 times each day: upon waking, midmorning, and again midafternoon.